Since gutters are virtually open to the elements, they are the ideal place for leaves and debris to collect. Not only can debris clog your gutters and/or downpipes and cause the gutters to overflow, if water is not properly drained away from your home, it can create the perfect conditions for flooding or mold. Leaning a ladder against gutters to clear out debris can damage or dent them: some kind of leaf guard protection will make your gutter system easier to maintain, adding to the longevity of your gutters.
MHC Gutters offers several leaf guard options:
- Installing a gutter leaf guard over your current gutter system
- Installing a leaf guard system at the same time as a new gutter installation
- Adding high flow funnels and leaf catchers to the downpipes
Products we use include:
- A quality leaf guard products by Alu-Rex.
- Leaf catchers are installed as part of the existing downpipe, near to the ground; typically used to keep leaves and larger pieces of debris from entering an underground downpipe configuration
- High Flow Funnels to allow for an increased continuous water flow.